Sunday, March 27, 2011

seeds

Today I went to the seed and plant exchange and acquired many new varieties to supplement the ones I already have in my stash.  Also an unmarked tree that looks to be a fig.

I planted the morning glories that have been soaking 24 hours. I was excited to find some sungold tomato seeds which were unavailable locally. I got an assortment of bean seeds including hupa beans, scarlet runner beans, January King Cabbage, red burgundy okra, poinsett 98 cucumbers, triple play sweet corn, bloomsdale spinach,broccoli collabrese,romaine lettuce,radish cherriette,yellow crookneck, golden bantam corn, moulin rouge sunflower,4 oclocks,and covent garden baby breath. Now I am excited to get more starts planted. Maybe tomorrow the sun will come out. I do need to get the Mammoth raspberries in the ground.

2 comments:

  1. Ooohhhhh I bet the Moulin Rouge Sunflowers will be beautiful and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping I can get them past the snail brigade this year. You can check in here while on your trip and cyber garden with me.

    ReplyDelete